What Are the Benefits of Botox?
You’ve likely heard of Botox before. It’s a fascinating procedure, yet often misrepresented online. People hear about Botox injections and they immediately imagine a stiff-faced individual, but that’s not the case. When done correctly, Botox provides a smooth, soft appearance. It’s important to only let a professional handle Botox injections on your face to reduce the risk of any misfortunate accidents and reduce the side effects. Believe it or not, there are plenty of great benefits to Botox today – the formula has changed for the better through development and research.
Benefits of Botox
Originally, Botox was designed to treat muscle spasms. Like most procedures, it soon evolved. Today, Botox is used as a cosmetic procedure to treat the telltale signs of aging, such as wrinkles and lines, while also offering a number of health benefits.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, over 4.5 million people underwent nonsurgical, cosmetic procedures in 2016. Today, that number has likely grown exponentially. Most seek cosmetic rejuvenation, but there are health benefits beyond the aesthetic ones.
- Wrinkles – Botox was designed to reduce wrinkles, especially on the face. The injection is best when aimed at the brow, sensitive portions around the eyes, and forehead lines. The result is a nice, perky appearance with fewer lines and wrinkles.
- Migraines – One of the common benefits of using Botox is the reduction in migraine symptoms. There’s no medication involved. The injection can treat persistent headaches and migraines, as medical experts believe it blocks sensory nerves that send pain signals to our brains.
- Excessive Sweating – Sweating is a fact of life, but excessive sweating can be downright bothersome. Botox has been found to reduce sweating for several months at a time.
- Bells Palsy – Bells palsy results from significant damage or trauma to facial nerves. The muscles weaken and one half of the face begins to droop. Botox, when administered to the afflicted side of the face, will relax the muscles and create balance.
- Cost-Effective – Overall, a lot of us worry about the price of cosmetic procedures, especially Botox. It’s good to know that Botox remains quite affordable. The average cost of an injection is just $170 to $350, and the results last for many months thereafter.
- Side Effects – We all worry about the side effects caused by any sort of procedure. Well, Botox has very few. There may be a bit of discomfort or minor pain around the injection area, but overall, a bit of numbness and a slight headache are the only side effects most patients experience.
For expert Botox procedures in Plano, Texas, contact Beauti Science Med Spa for an appointment today. You can reach us at 214-280-4316!